Lap Splice vs. Butt Splice
A Lap Splicer has a standard splice joint which includes overlap of the material, 3” plus an inch loose tail that alternates top to bottom side of the web. A Butt Splicer has no overlap of material. The leading edge of a new roll is “butted” up to the trailing edge of the expiring roll.
• The PC Series splicer is a basic machine for in-register splicing on roll-fed packaging lines
• Suitable for many packaging applications
• Available in web widths up to 14 inches (355 mm)
• The JL Series splicer produces a splice joint without overlap
• Developed for label decorating but is suitable for many other applications
• Available in web widths up to 10 inches (254 mm)